School Nurse Educational Meetings Video on Demand
School Nurse Educational Meeting
The School Nurse Program offers free educational events throughout the year. You can now participate in the events via a full live web streaming videoconference from your computer workstation. All you need is a computer with a speaker for the audio component and an internet connection.
December 5, 2012 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: Severe Allergies in School Setting
- Guest: Michelle Fogg - Utah Food Allergy Network
February 6, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: Working Together for Students with Healthcare Needs
- Guest: Lisa Arbogast, JD
April 3, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: Vision Screening Overview / Entering Referral Data into the Q90
- Guest: Eric Kubbe, Vision Screening Specialist
Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
June 5, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: Effects of Sun Radiation on the Skin
- Guest: Thalia A. Swinyer, R.N., CCRC
August 7, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: To Be Announced
October 2, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: CYTOMEGALOVIRUS PUBLIC HEALTH INITIATIVE “Ask Me about CMV”
- Guest: Stephanie Browning McVicar, Au.D.
December 4, 2013 from 2:30 to 3:30
- Topic: Establishing School Based Immunization Clinics
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM – Didactic presentation
- 3:00 – 3:30 – Q&A
Answers to common video troubleshooting questions.
Nothing happens when I click on the "Play" button. How do I view the Live Stream?
At the start time of the event click on the play button to view the Live Stream. If the Live Stream does not start please check to see if the play button has changed.
This icon it means there is currently no live stream available. Please verify the event broadcast time.
I received an Adobe ActionScript error. What should I do?
This is due to a disruption to the live video stream and your browser is unable to process the request. Please close the error message window and refresh your browser or close your browser and open it again.
What can I do if the video playback stops or plays slowly?
Playback should not stop or stall under normal circumstances. However, video delivery may be disrupted during periods of internet congestion or when too many computer applications are open at the same time. If playback stalls, stops or plays slowly, try one or all of the following:
- Refresh your browser or close your browser and open it again.
- Close other computer programs that may be open at the same time.
- Contact Utah Telehealth Network Customer Support by calling (801) 585-2426.
Why doesn't audio and video play at all?
If you are trying to view the live event outside of its scheduled time you will not be able to do so. Please refer to the Live Stream Schedule.
Video can take 4 -10 seconds to display or you may be running a content filter, antivirus application or proxy accelerator that is preventing the streaming of video content. Please verify that you do not have any of these services and try again. If the problem persists please contact Utah Telehealth Network Customer support at (801) 585-2426.
I'm still having problems, how can I contact someone for help?
If you do not see the answer to your question from the solutions above, or if you have further questions, comments or suggestion on how we can improve, please contact: