When you are ready to commence a new telemedicine program, it is essential that all staff involved in the care of patients receive adequately training.
It is important to identify all the users involved in the workflow including the support staff and technical team. The following is a list of potential staff/departments that will benefit from training:
- Unit Clerks
- Nursing staff
- Admissions office
- Billing & coding staff
- Technical support staff
Each department will need a training program tailored specifically for their role.
You may also consider the following when structuring training for a telemedicine program:
- Clinical staff benefit greatly by going through mock sessions
- Practice the Human Factors to promote acceptance
- Provide paper copies with the protocols and explain how to get help quickly
- Create one page laminated protocols as these can be beneficial to busy clinician
- Creating packets with all the protocols and order sheet readily available in the clinical department will assist with emergency programs
- Training is best done on a regular scheduled basis and may be included in yearly skills proficiencies or skills days
- After commencing a new program, bring the team together again after a month or so to review the process and receive feedback in order to clarify and reinforce the procedure.
Phone (801) 587-6075
Toll free (866) 525-5622
Fax (801) 585-2527