News & Events
This section of our website is designed to:
- Inform you about changes in our service
- Provide you with access to educational opportunities such as our CME program for healthcare professionals, that includes a Biennial Western Regional Thrombosis Symposium.
- Thrombosis related professional meetings
- Regional educational meetings for patients and or professionals
News and Updates about the Thrombosis Service
We have completed the move of one of our community based anticoagulation clinics (the University Health Care Thrombosis Center) to a new site within University of Utah Hospital (See Locations). This has helped us meet the ever-increasing demand for our services, both within, and outside the hospital.
Recently implemented a bridging clinic to provide expert assistance about how to manage their anticoagulation for patients on warfarin who have upcoming medical or dental procedures.
Created four new patient educational tools:
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) - A Patient's Guide: For patients newly dianosed with DVT or PE, this booklet provides an overview about this diagnosis and it's treatment.
- Bridging Therapy: Things to consider if you're taking Warfarin and having a medical procedure - A Patient's Guide: For new warfarin patients to educate them on the topic of bridging or for use before a scheduled procedure when bridging is being considered.
- My Bridging Plan - Anticoagulation management before and after my upcoming medical procedure - A Patient's Guide: For use before a procedure when bridging is being considered to help patients and their providers make a plan for their anticoagulation.
- Magnet: For all warfarin patients to remind them to call in the event of medical/dental procedures.