Talk to your health care provider about any questions you have about your health and your medicines. This is especially important when you are on warfarin. Warfarin can cause serious side effects. It is important that all your questions are answered. Ask your health care provider to write down information for you if you think it will be helpful.
Before you leave your health care provider, be sure you understand these things:
- Why am I taking this medicine?
- How much warfarin should I take?
- How do I use this medicine?
- How will I know if this medicine is working?
- What side effects can I expect?
- What should I do if I have any side effects?