Our Thrombosis Service is committed to helping advance the understanding and treatment of thrombotic disorders.
We have many active research projects. Current projects include the following research focus areas:
- Patient-individualized strategies to prevent the development of venous thrombosis or embolism (including DVT and PE)
- Institutionally-based system processes to improve DVT and PE prevention
- Utilizing novel therapeutic strategies to prevent DVT and PE
- Improving our ability to diagnosis and treat DVT and PE
- Applying pharmacogenetics to improve warfarin management
- Identifying new platelet functions and their relationship to the development of DVT and PE