UNI has teamed up with Salt Lake County and OptumHealth SLCo to provide free crisis response and hospital diversion programs that aim to keep all our family members, friends, and neighbors safe. The community crisis service programs are designed to provide community members with a full range of options to help solve the crisis in the best setting possible. Our team of professionals are highly trained in mental health crisis management and suicide prevention.
CrisisLine – (801) 587-3000
- Services are available 24/7 both locally and statewide as the Utah affiliate for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255).
- Our licensed clinicians provide prompt and compassionate crisis intervention, suicide prevention, information and referrals as well as follow-up services, emotional support, and assistance to individuals experiencing emotional distress or psychiatric crisis.
Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT)
- Triaged through the CrisisLine, UNI MCOT provides a free, prompt, face-to-face response to any resident of Salt Lake County who is experiencing a behavioral health crisis.
- Youth and adult services teams are available 24/7 and offer consultation and support to individuals, families, schools, treatment providers and first responders.
- Follow-up services provide ongoing support, including referrals to health care providers and to community-based mental health services.
- A short-term (up to 23 hours) secure center providing therapeutic crisis management, an assessment based on strengths and psychiatric needs, medication intervention, and wellness recovery/discharge planning
- Staffed by psychiatrists, advance practice nurses, social workers, certified peer specialists, and psychiatric technicians
WarmLine – (801) 587-1055
- This line is for Salt Lake County residents who are not in crisis, but seeking support, engagement, or encouragement.
- Certified Peer Specialists offer support and empower callers to resolve problems by fostering a sense of hope, dignity, and self-respect.
- Callers may speak with peer specialists daily 9 am to 10 pm.
Wellness Recovery Center
- This center is an adult residential program for Salt Lake County residents experiencing an acute mental health issue.
- It provides a longer stay option for crisis triage and intervention, assessment services, medication intervention, and case management.
- It is staffed by a collaborative team of psychiatrists, advance practice nurses, physician assistants social workers, certified peer specialists, and psychiatric technicians.
- The center follows a recovery/resiliency model built around the values of hope, choice empowerment, and wellness.