Psychology Internship Application
Complete internship applications must be submitted to the Director of Psychology Training by November 15th. Prospective intern candidates will be contacted by December 1st to schedule an interview. The following qualities are considered when selecting internship applicants to participate in the interview process:
- completion of all coursework, in an APA approved doctoral program in clinical, counseling, or school psychology
- academic excellence,
- a minimum of 500 practicum hours,
- a minimum of 200 hours of psychological assessment and report writing experience,
- interpersonal maturity and sensitivity,
- a wide range of practical experiences,
- high ethical standards and professionalism,
- good clinical judgment,
- the ability to work as a team member and
- appropriate career interests.
Required application materials include:
- Letter of Application/Interest
- A completed APPIC Application for Psychology Internship (AAPI - online)
- In your cover letter, include the number of applicants to the graduate program versus the number of applicants accepted into the program for the cohort year in which the applicant began the graduate program.
- A curriculum vita
- Official university graduate transcripts
- A minimum of three letters of professional recommendation
- One sample of a psychological or neuropsychological evaluation and one case conceptualization.
Sandra Whitehouse, Ph.D., Director of Psychology Training
University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute
501 Chipeta Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84108