Build A Bone Program
Learn how to improve bone health. Osteoporosis is a disease that affects over 40 million individuals in all ethnic groups. Both women and men have osteoporosis. If you have osteoporosis, falling can cause broken bones.
Features of the Program
Four 2-hour sessions
- Bone Health & Understanding Bones
- What is normal bone density?
- What is osteoporosis/osteopenia?
- Behavior changes for bone health
- Walking & Balance
- Learn how to exercise tracking technology
- Design a personalized walking program
- Practice balance exercises to prevent falls
- Lifting Weights to Build Bones
- Learn how to use free hand weights to improve bone health in arms, legs, and spine
- Learn how medications can affect your bone health
- Core Strength & Body Mechanics
- Learn to strengthen back and stomach muscles
- Learn proper posture
- Learn body mechanics for everyday movements
- Learn the role nutrition plays in overall bone health
Who should attend?
Adults who have or are at risk for osteopenia or osteoporosis
How do I sign up?
Classes are offered six times throughout the year at the L.S. Skaggs Patient Wellness Center, South Jordan Health Center, and Farmington Health Center. For more information on cost and our current offerings click Register below.