Take the Disease Prevention Test
You can do a lot to keep yourself healthy. Avoiding germs, eating a balanced diet, getting enough rest—all these steps and others can put you on the road to good health. How much do you know about preventing disease? Take this quiz and find out.
1. How are infectious diseases, such as colds and influenza, most commonly spread?
2. Which is the most important hygiene habit to teach young children?
3. Stress has been linked to which of these health problems?
4. Which of these will help keep your immune system strong?
5. Which of the following increases your risk for type 2 diabetes?
6. Alcoholism is among the leading causes of preventable deaths in the United States. Which of these rank higher?
7. Which of these measures can reduce the risk of contracting communicable sexual diseases, such as genital herpes?
8. According to the CDC, when should infants start vaccinations against serious diseases?
9. "Sleep hygiene" refers to the promotion of regular sleep. Which of these can help you develop healthy sleep habits?