Take the First Aid/Emergency Quiz
Test your knowledge of first aid by taking this quiz.
1. If you need to call 911 in an emergency, what should you tell the dispatcher?
2. Which medical professional(s) are you likely to find in a hospital emergency department?
3. One way to prepare for an emergency is to keep a list of important phone numbers near your phone. Which of these numbers should be included on the list?
4. In which situation(s) should you call an ambulance instead of driving to the hospital emergency department?
5. As a nonmedical person, how often should you take a refresher course on CPR?
6. Which of these should your home first aid kit include?
7. If blood is spurting from a wound, what should you do?
8. The victim has pale or bluish skin color, cold skin, and dull or sunken eyes. These are symptoms of which medical emergency?
9. What should you put on a minor (first-degree) burn?