What Do You Know about Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
Chlamydia, herpes, and gonorrhea are sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Millions of new STD infections occur in the U.S. each year, according to the CDC. Take this quiz to find out more about STDs, as well as how to protect yourself from them.
1. STDs are most prevalent in which age group?
2. The overall incidence of STDs is:
3. As long as a person has no symptoms of an STD, he or she:
4. Which of these is a health problem that can be caused by STDs in women?
5. Which is the most common bacterial STD?
6. One symptom of genital herpes is:
7. Gonorrhea is treated with antibiotics. What problem has occurred recently in treatment?
8. Which major organ can be affected by untreated syphilis?
9. Which of these are other types of STDs?
10. The cytomegalovirus (CMV) can be spread by sexual contact and also by:
11. To reduce your risk for developing an STD: