Take the Urinary Incontinence Quiz
Incontinence means that you release urine when you don’t mean to. Incontinence is a common problem. Learn about the condition by taking this quiz. It can give you the courage and understanding you need to discuss it with your healthcare provider.
1. One type of incontinence is stress incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence means you release urine when you cough, sneeze, or do things like bend down, lift, or walk.
2. Stress urinary incontinence is most often caused when the pelvic muscles, nerves, and ligaments around the bladder and urethra get weak.
3. About 25 million Americans have some form of urinary incontinence.
4. Urinary incontinence won't go away on its own.
5. People with urinary incontinence often make big changes to their lifestyle.
6. Urge urinary incontinence is also called a hyperactive bladder.
7. Overflow urinary incontinence occurs when the bladder isn't able to empty completely.
8. Parkinson disease can be a cause of reflex urinary incontinence.
9. About half of people with urinary incontinence can be cured or get relief from symptoms.
10. Incontinence can be treated with behavioral therapy, urethral inserts, medicines, collagen implants, and other surgery.