Surgery can be performed with open (traditional) or minimally invasive techniques.
- The incision made in the midline from below the breastbone to belly button or beyond.
Minimally Invasive (Laparoscopic) Surgery
- Performed through a number of small incisions using a long, thin scope (camera) and instruments
More than 95 percent of our surgeries are performed this way.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Less skin and soft tissue trauma
- Shorter, less painful recovery
- Less scarring
- Fewer infections and hernias
- Incisional problems tend to be minor
Attend a free seminar about bariatric surgery to learn more.
Bariatric Surgery Procedures
Review the specific procedures: