The Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory is a full-service, clinical diagnostic center that provides access to sophisticated, modern ultrasound imaging equipment for noninvasive extracranial (cerebrovascular), venous, and arterial vascular procedures. Non-invasive testing or procedures means that the patient’s body is not entered by a needle, tube, device, or scope and does not require the use of dyes, radiation, or anesthesia. Painless ultrasound is used to look directly inside the veins or arteries to check for plaque or thrombus. Risks of complications are quite small with non-invasive testing.
The procedures we perform in our Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory help physicians make a timely clinical diagnosis regarding venous or arterial circulatory conditions and aid them in determining any need for more invasive procedures. We provide the highest accuracy possible with state-of-the-art technology.
- Doppler studies
- Ankle brachial indices (ABI)
- Extracranial cerebrovascular (carotid artery) duplex imaging to identify plaque or thrombus in the carotid arteries
- Venous duplex imaging to identify the presence of venous thrombosis for DVT and SVT supraventricular tachycardia SVT
- Peripheral arterial duplex to identify plaque or thrombus in the arteries of the legs or arms
- Peripheral aneurysm and abdominal aneurysm duplex imaging
- Venous insufficiency evaluation
- Functional arterial evaluation including ischemia (rest pain, tissue death [known as gangrene]), claudication
- Arterial or venous thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Exercise treadmill