|Principal Investigator: Scott Mcnally|
|Keywords: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm , Vessel imaging||Department: Radiology Clinical|
|IRB Number: 00095410||Co Investigator: Laura Eisenmenger|
|Sub Specialties: Magnetic Resonance Imaging – MRI|
|Recruitment Status: Recruiting|
Use of new, non-invasive imaging techniques, including high-resolution MRI (HR-MRI) with contrast enhancement to detect and accurately quantify high-risk inflammatory atherosclerotic plaques in abdominal aortic aneurysms.
1. 18 years and older.
2. Patients diagnosed with abdominal aortic aneursyms on prior imaging.
3. Able to provide informed consent.
1. For DCE-MRI, patients with a gadolinium contrast allergy,
2. eGFR<30 ml/min/1.73 m2 if a patient receives a single contrast dose. (If the patient has an eGFR<30, they may still receive a noncontrast examination for the evaluation of MRI markers of plaque inflammation on noncontrast MRI, including intraplaque hemorrhage).
3. Patients with other contraindications to MRI (e.g. orbital shrapnel, pacemaker) will be excluded from the study. Exclusions will be made on the basis of safety and study goals only, without restriction in regard to gender, race, and socioeconomic status.
4. Because some subjects will have significant atherosclerotic disease and possible other comorbidities, we will assess decisional capacity. If impaired, the patient will be excluded from the study.
5. Pregnant women.
$50 per participant.