Although it has been well-established that sun exposure increases your risk of developing skin cancer, there are still many misconceptions about tanning and proper sun safety practices. The goal of this contest is to educate the public by encouraging students to create a video public service announcement (PSA) that promotes sun protection and skin cancer prevention.
Deadline: April 14, 2017
Awards Ceremony: May 9, 2017
For explanations and background material, please see the information and sources in this packet.
- Teams of 1-4 students.
- Time limit: ONE MINUTE.
- Keep it family friendly.
- Follow all copyright laws.
- All facts/statistics quoted in your video must be up-to-date and accurate. Please use sources and links provided in this packet.
- For explanations and background material, please see the information and sources in this packet.
- Upload your video to YouTube or any video hosting website.
- Complete the online submission for here.
- Email parent permission forms to email@example.com.
- Impact Factor
- First: $200 Amazon gift card.
- Second: $100 Amazon gift card.
- Third: 2 movie passes per team member.
All finalist videos will be featured on the University of Utah Department of Dermatology website and on the Midvalley Health Center televisions.
See last year's winners here!