Mar 14, 2019
Our wellness dietitians are joint by the mission that the healthy choice should be the easy choice. One way we are working to do this is through our RD Approved program, which increases the number of healthy food and beverage options available at UHealth foodservice venues.
Our dietitians have increased the number of healthy snacks and beverages in our cafeterias. Additionally, they work with talented chefs to create delicious meals that contain less saturated fat, added sugar, and sodium AND more fiber. Interested in trying one of these delicious meals in the comfort of your own home? We'd highly recommend this flank steak with watermelon salad.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 C tomatoes, chopped in 1 1/4" cubes
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped into 1 ¼" cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T sherry vinegar
- ½ cup feta cheese, cubed
- 4 cups arugula
- Mix olive oil, chopped garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper and rub mixture on all sides of the steak. Let sit for at least 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- Grill or broil at 450F for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Mix watermelon and tomato. Sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together olive oil and sherry vinegar.
- Pour dressing over the watermelon and tomato and mix. Top with feta.
- For serving, place watermelon salad and sliced steak on plate, top with fresh arugula.