A Fruity Way to End the Meal - Recipe
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 4 small navel oranges, peeled
- 8 ripe strawberries, hulled (other berries or chopped fruit may be substituted)
- 2 medium-sized bananas, peeled
Place the yogurt in a small bowl. Add the ginger and stir briskly for one minute or until the yogurt has a saucelike consistency. Set aside. Cut each orange crosswise into five slices. Cut each strawberry lengthwise into four slices. Cut each banana crosswise into 14 slices. Spoon 1/4 cup ginger sauce onto each of four eight-inch dessert plates and spread the sauce over each plate. Arrange the fruit equally on each of the plates and serve.
Each serving contains about 197 calories, 5 g protein, 1 g fat (4 percent calories from fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 45 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, and 44 mg sodium.comments powered by Disqus