How Much Do You Know About Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma?
Lymphomas are a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system. Learn more about non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) by taking this true-false quiz, based on information from the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the National Cancer Institute.
1. Lymphomas are divided into two main types: Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
2. The two types of lymphoma are different from most other cancers in that they arise in the lymphatic system.
3. NHL can start anywhere in the body there is lymph tissue.
4. If a lymph node is enlarged, it's probably cancerous.
5. One risk factor for NHL is living in the same household as someone who has the disease.
6. Weight loss is one possible symptom of NHL.
7. Early treatment is critical for NHL no matter what the type or stage.