Take the Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
Your urinary tract includes the organs that collect and store urine and release it from your body. They are the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
1. The average adult passes about three quarts of urine a day.
2. Normal urine is sterile.
3. Many different types of bacteria can cause an infection of the urinary tract.
4. If an infection of the urethra isn't treated, the bacteria can move up to the bladder, causing an infection there.
5. A kidney stone can cause a UTI.
6. People with diabetes are at increased risk for UTIs.
7. Women get more UTIs than men.
8. Feeling tired, shaky, and washed out are symptoms of a UTI.
9. Often, a UTI can be cured with one to two days of treatment.