- Biology of Cancer
- Classification and actions of chemotherapy agents
- Biotherapy: Monoclonal Antibodies & Molecular Targeted Agents
- Safe practices in Chemotherapy Administration
- Safe handling of chemotherapy agents
- Chemotherapy verification processes
- Complications of Chemotherapy Administration
- Cytokine release syndrome
- Cancer treatment toxicities
including fatigue, myelosuppression and organ toxicities
- Oncologic emergencies
- Assessment of the Cancer Patient
- This two-day course is intended for Registered Nurses wishing to increase knowledge and understanding of managing patients receiving cancer treatments.
- There is a registration fee of $100 for nurses who are not employed by the Huntsman Cancer Institute or University Hospital Resource Nursing departments.
- This continuing nursing education activity was approved for 12 continuing nursing education hours by the Utah Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Participants must attend the entire course and pass the post-test with a minimum score of 80% to receive completion certificate.
For more information, please contact: Annette Welch
For more information about Nursing Services, contact Sue Childress:
801-587-4754 or 801-585-9755