Huntsman Oncology Nurse Residency
The 12-Month HONR Program Covers:
- Body image
- Clinical courage
- Compassion fatigue and self care
- Cultural competence
- Facilitating communication
- Genetics and cancer biology
- Horizontal violence
- How to approach tough discussions
- How to be a successful charge nurse
- Integrity and Accountability
- Medication administration considerations
- Mental Agility
- Nursing and medical ethics
- OCN Certification
- Oncologic emergencies
- Oncologic treatment modalities
- Presence and Influence
- Site specific cancers
...and many more
- Combines recommended nurse residency curriculum with oncology nursing concepts and content.
- Assists novice oncology nurses to be successful in their first year in an oncology nursing specialty.
- Introduces new information that is integrated with previous nursing knowledge and concepts.
Evidence Based Practice Projects:
HONR pairs work together on an Evidence Based Practice Project to enhance nursing practice and improved patient outcomes at the unit and clinic level.
COHORT and Mentor Support
HONR participants work closely with fellow HONRs and nurse mentors to develop professional relationships and team skills.
For more information, please contact: Cassidy Kotobalavu
For more information about Nursing Services, contact Sue Childress:
801-587-4754 or 801-585-9755