Get Heart Care From a Cardiologist
The Farmington Health Center's cardiology clinic provides comprehensive care to make sure your heart stays healthy. We care for patients suffering from a wide variety of heart conditions.
Our expert specialists practice the latest techniques in cardiac care and clinical therapies, ensuring you benefit from current research and innovations to provide high-quality, leading-edge cardiac care.
Conditions & Treatments We Treat
We treat the following conditions:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol (hyperlipidemia)
- Heart failure (congestive heart failure)
- Heart valve disease (stenosis or regurgitation)
- Irregular heart beat (atrial fibrillation and others)
- Heart attacks
- Coronary artery disease
Services & Treatments
Our cardiologists offer a wide range of treatments that aren’t offered at other clinics. Some of our services include the following:
Heart Doctors & Specialists Near You
Where Are We Located Inside Farmington Health Center?
Our cardiology clinic is located on the second floor on the north side of the building. When you arrive at our clinic, our staff will help guide you where to go.
What to Expect at Your Appointment With a Heart Care Specialist
When you come to see a cardiologist or vascular specialist, they:
- review your medical history with you,
- ask you questions about the symptoms you have been experiencing,
- ask you about any medications you are taking,
- ask about your family history, and
- ask about your lifestyle, such as how much you exercise, the food you eat, or your smoking and drinking habits.
Your doctor may decide they would like to run blood tests to help diagnose any problems. You can get your blood work done right at the health center.
Once they have decided on a diagnosis, they will discuss this with you. Together you will come up with a management or treatment plan specific for you. This could include:
- changes in your lifestyle,
- changes in diet, and
- regular monitoring with your cardiologist or vascular specialist.
Hear From Our Patients
In addition to feeling worn out all the time, the young dad had another strange symptom: It often felt like his heart was beating in his throat. It was so bad, he’d get light-headed and he had trouble swallowing. It wasn’t until he felt like he couldn’t breathe and went to University of Utah Health’s clinic in Farmington that he began to understand what was going on.
Pharmacy: Mail Order Pharmacy
Pick up your prescriptions at several convenient health centers along the Wasatch Front or register for mail order pharmacy.
Complimentary Services & Resources
To make your appointment more convenient, we also offer:
- free Wi-Fi,
- an on-site pharmacy,
- free child care during your appointment, and
- a comfortable lobby with electrical outlets in the furniture so you can charge your device.
Unfortunately our child care services are closed at this time. Our goal is to keep you healthy and safe. Thank you for your understanding.
Child care issues should never prevent you from getting to the doctor and getting the health care you need. We offer free child care for patients during their appointment.
If medications and lifestyle changes are still not improving your atrial fibrillation symptoms, it may be time to consider a surgical option. Cardiovascular surgeon Dr. Jared Bunch discusses cardiac ablation to treat A-f...
On this episode of Seven Questions for a Specialist, cardiologist Dr. John Ryan answers what he thinks is the best—and worst—thing you can do for your heart, why he chose to specialize in cardiology and what advancem...