The urology clinic provides state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical treatment of kidney, ureteral and bladder stones. Our board-certified specialists and fellowship-trained surgeons are experts in the evaluation and treatment of all stone disease-related conditions giving patients the best outcomes possible. Urology specialists will give patients a full evaluation resulting in an individualized treatment plan that includes preventative care to reduce the possibility of future episodes.
Specialists in the department also use endourology and laparoscopic surgery as treatment techniques. Endourology is a minimally invasive approach to treating primarily kidney stones, but also other urologic conditions, such as ureteral/intra-renal strictures and other disorders obstructing the urinary flow. For some patients, laparoscopy is a treatment option that can be used to both diagnose and treat a number of urological conditions. Laparoscopy provides a minimally invasive approach to treating surgical disorders of the kidney, including stones and kidney cancers.
For Appointments Call:
Christopher B. Dechet, M.D.
Specialties: Adrenal Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Laparoscopy, Prostate Cancer, Robotic Cystectomy and Diversion, Robotic Kidney Surgery, Robotic Prostatectomy, Testicular Cancer, Urologic Oncology, Urology
Blake D. Hamilton, M.D.Locations
|South Jordan Health Center||(801) 213-4500|
|University Hospital||(801) 581-7674|
Specialties: Endourology, General Urology, Laparoscopy, Stone Disease, Urology, Vasectomy
William Lowrance, M.D., M.P.H.Locations
|Huntsman Cancer Hospital||(801) 587-4381|
Specialties: Laparoscopy, Prostate Cancer, Urinary Diversion, Urologic Oncology, Urology
Sean J. Mulvihill, M.D.Locations
|Huntsman Cancer Institute||(801) 581-7167|
Specialties: Biliary Cancer, Hepatopancreatobiliary (Liver/Pancreas/Biliary) Surgery, Laparoscopy, Liver Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Surgery, General
Andrew W. Southwick, M.D.Locations
|University Hospital||(801) 587-4888|
Specialties: Endourology, General Urology, Laparoscopy, Stone Disease, Vasectomy
Diseases and Conditions
- Complications Common, Costly With Some Kidney Stone Treatments
- Drinking Water Helps Prevent Kidney Stones
- Kidney Stones Can Send Patients to Hospital More Than Once
- More Young Adults Getting Mental Health Care Under Obamacare: Study
- Overindulgent Parents May Breed Narcissistic Children
- Some With Kidney Stones Might Have Calcium Buildup in Blood Vessels: Study
- Study Finds Kidney Stones Linked to Weakened Bones
- Ultrasound Trumps CT Scan for Diagnosing Kidney Stones in Study
- Will a Warmer Climate Mean More Kidney Stones?
- Will Kidney Stones Recur? New Test Might Tell