Psychiatric Consultation to Support Pediatricians & PCPs
Utah now has a state-wide psychiatric consult service. Huntsman Mental Health Institute (HMHI) has teamed up with the Office of Substance Use and Mental Health (SUMH) to create the Consultation Access Link Line to Utah Psychiatry (CALL-UP). CALL-UP is a new legislative funded program designed to address the limited number of psychiatric services in Utah and improve access to them. This state program will help serve patients at no cost to providers or patients in the state of Utah.
The goals of the program are to:
- Optimize primary care providers’ ability and confidence to diagnose and treat mild to moderate mental health issues;
- Improve quality of care and health outcomes for patients by affording early interventions;
- Promote and improve mental health and physical health integration; and
- Ensure appropriate referrals for individuals with serious behavioral health concerns.
This psychiatry consult program will support primary care providers in meeting the treatment needs for their patients' mental health.
Mon - Fri: 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm
(We are closed on holidays)
Utah Medical Professionals, please call: 801-587-3636
Feel free to email us with questions: Callup@hsc.utah.edu
What Is CALL-UP?
Mental Health Services We Provide
Our psychiatrists are prepared to consult on:
- diagnostic clarification,
- medication guidance,
- treatment planning, and
- treatment resources.
Recent CALL-UP Webinars
- Somatization Disorders in Children and Adolescents (1/27/22)
- Pediatric Anxiety Disorder (10/28/21)
- Pediatric Depression
- Suicide Risk with Antidepressants in Children and Adolescents
- Trauma Response and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Sleep Disorders in Children & Adolescents