How to Pay Your Bill

Pay Your Bill Over the Phone


You can talk to a representative on the phone on:
Mon—Fri, 9am—5:30pm

Walk-in Hours:
You can also walk into our billing office from:
Monday—Friday, 9am—4:30pm

127 S 500 E Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

How to Pay Your Bill

You can pay your bill these ways:

  • Online through MyChart
  • Online through our Guest Pay program (if you don't have a MyChart account)
  • By Phone
  • By Mail

Pay Your Bill Online

If you have a MyChart account, you can pay your bill by logging into your MyChart account.

No MyChart Account?

If you don't have a MyChart account, that's okay. You can pay your bill online using our Guest Pay program.

Pay Your Bill By Mail

U of U Hospital Self-Pay Billing Office
P.O. Box 30465
SLC, UT 84130-0465

We accept all major credit cards. 

Questions About Your Bill?


If you have any questions about your bill, please email us at:

The Billing Office provides the following services

  • Payments
  • Financial Options
  • Billing information
  • Verify insurance billing

Estimate Your Out-of-Pocket Costs

Estimate How Much You'll Pay for Out-of-Pocket Health Care Costs

Health services are a major expense for many families. To help you prepare, we show prices for many of our medical services and procedures so you and your family can review and plan for these expenses. 

We've developed a tool that helps you compare and estimate how much you'll pay out-of-pocket for different health services and procedures.

Find Out Your Out-of-Pocket Costs

You can also view our list of standard charges.

Financial Assistance

What If I Can't Pay My Bill?

If you're having trouble paying the full balance of your bill, we will charge:

  • a minimum monthly payment of $75, or
  • your total patient balance divided over 12 months (whichever is the greater of the two).

If you are unable to pay the minimum due balance, please contact our customer service department and we will review other financial options with you.

If you are experiencing financial hardship, assistance may be available. Income guidelines apply and are subject to approval. You must document your income.

The patient/guarantor must submit current financial information when they submit their financial assistance application. You must provide the following information when you apply for financial assistance:

  • Financial Assistance Application
  • Completed financial statement
  • Letter explaining your current financial status
  • Copy of current bank statement
  • Copy of current credit card statement(s)
  • Copy of last year's tax return
  • Copies of paycheck stubs and/or other income from the past two (2) months

You can find detailed financial assistance information by clicking on the forms below:

Insurance Info & Frequently Asked Questions

When will I receive my bill?

After your visit, you will receive your bill after your insurance processes your claim. If you do not have insurance, you will receive your first bill approximately 30 days after services are rendered. You will receive a bill monthly thereafter, until your accounts are resolved in full.

Am I able to receive my statement electronically?

You may sign up for paperless statements through MyChart. If you need assistance, you may contact Self Pay Billing Office at 801-587-6303 or 1-800-862-4937.

What if I have insurance?

To help us bill your insurance, please bring your current insurance information with you each time you have an appointment at the hospital or clinic. We will make every effort to collect insurance benefits from your primary insurance company if you provide us with your insurance billing information.

When do I pay my co-payment and deductible?

Please pay your co-payments and deductibles at the time of service (during your appointment at the clinic, hospital, or other provider service).

How will I know my insurance company has been billed?

On your statement, you will see your insurance payment reflected.

Do I have to pay a deposit?

You are expected to make co-payments and/or estimated patient responsibility at the time of service.

What if I do not have insurance?

If you do not have insurance, your payment for the estimated charges of your visit is due in full before or at the time of service. In addition, you will need to sign an agreement stating the amount you will pay is only an estimate, and the remaining balance is due within 30 days after the discharge date.

How do I contact the Billing Office Customer Service if I have concerns about my hospital bill?

You can speak to a representative or make an appointment to talk with a representative in person:

Billing Office Phone
801-587-6303 or 800-862-4937

You may also email


Does University of Utah Health accept my insurance? Which insurance plans are accepted?

Because different insurance companies and polices offer different benefits, we are unable to provide specific information about whether your insurance plan is accepted by University of Utah Health.

We recommend that you contact your insurance company or agent to find out whether your insurance is accepted.