Taking Care of Utah
University of Utah Health is the only academic medical center in the state of Utah and the Mountain West and provides patient care for the people of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, western Colorado, and much of Nevada. It also serves as the training ground for the majority of the state's physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, and other health care professionals.
Consistently, ranked #1 in quality in the nation among academic medical centers, our academic partners at the University of Utah include Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, and Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy, and Health, which are internationally regarded research and teaching institutions.
Our team is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff, students, patients, and partners. Learn more about our community involvement.
U of U Health is comprised of the following:
- Five hospitals and 12 community health care centers
- University of Utah Medical Group with 2,000 members
- Highly-ranked $458 million research enterprise (FY22)
- Six schools and colleges, including the colleges of Health, Nursing, and Pharmacy, the Eccles Health Sciences Library, and the schools of Dentistry and Medicine
- 282,000 member health plan, offering medical, mental health, and pharmacy benefits for fully insured and self-funded employer groups, individuals, and families, as well as Medicare and Medicaid
- ARUP Laboratories, one of the nation’s largest reference laboratories
- Numerous institutes and centers reflecting the health system’s strengths in oncology, cardiology, diabetes treatment, genetics, ophthalmology, orthopedics, neuroscience, psychiatry, precision medicine, population health, global health, and more
U of U Health Hospitals
Staffed by more than 24,000 employees, U of U Health is recognized nationally as a transformative health care system and regionally as a provider of world-class care. Our system relies on more than 1,400 board-certified physicians and more than 5,000 health care professionals who staff five hospitals:
Community Health Centers and Specialty Centers
Our Mission, Vision, & Values
University of Utah Health serves the people of Utah and beyond by continually improving individual and community health and quality of life. This is achieved through excellence in patient care, education, and research; each is vital to our mission and each makes the others stronger.
- We provide compassionate care without compromise.
- We educate scientists and health care professionals for the future.
- We engage in research to advance knowledge and well-being.
A patient-centered health care organization distinguished by collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect.
Community Board of Directors
The Community Board of Directors of University of Utah Health is comprised of community and business leaders committed to improving the well-being of all Utahns. The board is charged with providing input and direction to the administration of the Hospitals & Clinics to ensure that the institution fulfills its mission.
The board operates under the authority of the University of Utah’s Board of Trustees.
University of Utah Health
Office of the Senior Vice President
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
50 North Medical Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
Patient Information: 801-585-8000
Hospital Operator: 801-581-2121
Toll Free: 800-824-2073
Physician Referral (Local): 800-662-0052
Physician Referral (Other): 800-453-0122