About Total Cancer Care-Support
The Total Cancer Care® (TCC)-Support Study is a partnership between you and HCI's health care providers and researchers. Our goal is to better understand what causes cancer, and to find better ways to prevent, detect and treat cancer, by comparing and contrasting differences in individuals without cancer with those that do have cancer. The TCC-Support Study is not currently enrolling participants.
Who can participate?
- Men and women between the ages of 18 and 89 who are currently cancer-free
If you have been diagnosed with cancer or an inherited condition, learn about the HCI Total Cancer Care® study.
What will I be asked to do?
The study anticipates following participants for approximately two years. You, your family, and/or friends may participate. You'll have an initial visit with the study coordinator to review the consent. You will have an initial visit with the study coordinator to review procedures and discuss the consent form.
If you decide to participate, we will ask you to:
- Provide samples such as blood, urine, stool, and saliva (most samples are optional)
- Fill out a questionnaire that asks about your lifestyle, family history, and health
- Let us collect your waist and hip measurements, a brief assessment of your general fitness, as well as your daily physical activity by having you wear a water-proof device
- We may ask you for the items at 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months after your initial study visit
Will I receive compensation?
Participants will be entered into a raffle for a gift card for each time point completed and may also receive results about their fitness assessment and their physical activity.
How do I participate?
If you're interested in learning more, please contact the study coordinator at 801-213-6166 or email (TCC.Support@hci.utah.edu).