Financial Advocates Overview
On top of feeling physical and emotional distress, many cancer patients worry about their financial situation and understanding insurance plans. Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) Patient Financial Services can:
- Help you understand your insurance benefits and requirements
- Show you what to do if your insurance doesn't cover a treatment
- Estimate the total cost of all your treatments, copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket payments
- Answer questions about billing policies, statements, and your balance owed
- Help you find resources if you are underinsured or uninsured
- Talk to you about your financial assistance options and help you apply
Insurances We Accept
Huntsman Cancer Institute accepts many types of insurance. The following are some of the most common:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Select Health
- United Healthcare (Options PPO)
- University of Utah Health Plans
Learn more about your bill from Huntsman Cancer Institute, part of the University of Utah Health system.
For help with financial-related questions and concerns, please call HCI's financial advocates at 801-213-4331 and select one of the following options:
- Option 1: Billing questions
- Option 2: Pre-Service price estimates
- Option 3: Financial Counseling
Eligibility for Bill Reduction
Under our financial assistance policy, you may be eligible for full or partial reduction of your bill. Eligibility is based on your total household income in relation to federal guidelines.
Learn more about billing and financial assistance.
Medicaid Expansion in Utah
Did you know Medicaid eligibility rules have changed? You may now be eligible. On April 1, Medicaid enrollment opens for 80,000 Utahns. Learn more about eligibility at www.uofuhealth.org/medicaid.
If you need to make payment plans or if you have questions about your hospital bill, please call the Patient Accounting Department:
- 1-800-862-4937 toll free
Contact Our Financial Advocates