Hours & Address
1525 West 2100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84119
Free HIV PrEP Clinic
- your sex partner is HIV-positive,
- you have more than one sexual partner, or
- you share needles with someone who has HIV.
Free HIV PrEP
We offer PrEP for free if you don't have health insurance and have high chances of getting HIV. Our goal is to reduce the number of new cases of HIV in Utah by increasing access to PrEP for primarily uninsured or underinsured Utahns.
Monday, Tuesday, and every other Saturday.
Call 801-585-2512 Monday-Friday to request or schedule an appointment.
How Does PrEP Work?
PrEP (also known as Truvada or Descovy) is a pill you take every day that helps you prevent getting HIV. You must also, however, also use other harm reduction and safe-sex practices. When the medication builds up inside your bloodstream, it can stop HIV from spreading inside your body.
The key is that you must take the medication every day in order for it to work. Learn more about how PrEP works.
All PrEP Services
University of Utah Health's PrEP services, including the following:
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- PrEP case manager navigation
- Medical management
- Lab services
- Medication for people who have a higher chance of contracting HIV
- HIV risk reduction education (classes that teach you how to lower your chances of getting HIV)
All services are FREE for patients who don't have health insurance.
Many health insurance plans cover PrEP. But many people who are at risk of contracting HIV don't have health insurance. Many people without insurance haven't had access to PrEP until now.
Community Support & Volunteer Opportunities
This clinic is staffed by University of Utah Health faculty, staff, and trainees, and is supported through a collaborative effort by:
- University of Utah Health,
- the Utah AIDS Foundation, and
- the Utah Department of Health.
This free clinic receives ongoing support from community donors. If you are interested in supporting this program, please contact Brian Davis at 801-587-7903.