Neuro Acute Care in the University of Utah Hospital
Our care team is dedicated to providing and improving care for patients recovering in the hospital from neurological trauma, disorders, and surgery. University of Utah Health's state-of-the-art Neuro Acute Care Unit (NACU) is where this care takes place.
Each patient has:
- a spacious private room,
- family area, and
- access to an outdoor patio.
We welcome and encourages families to play a greater role in the continuum of care.
The NACU is also home to our Long Term Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, having the ability to monitor up to nine patients at a time.
Specialists on the Neuro Acute Care Team
Our comprehensive Neuro Acute Care Team consists of the following specialists:
- Neurosurgeons, neurologists, neuro residents, and nurse practitioners
- Registered nurses with focused training in the neurosciences
- Clinical social workers, and case managers
- Physical, occupational, speech therapists
- Registered dietitians and nutritionists
- Registered and certified respiratory therapists
- Pharmacy services
- Radiology services