Advanced Critical Care
University of Utah Health's Neuro Critical Care Unit is the region’s largest and most technologically advanced critical care unit. This unit is specifically for patients with:
- spine, and
- nervous system disease or trauma.
We staff the care unit with a professional care team experienced and trained in caring for neurological patients.
About the Neuro Critical Care Unit
The unit includes:
- state-of-the-art boom systems to increase nurse and physician access to the patient;
- intermediate care beds to facilitate smoother transitions between the levels of care; and
- dedicated space for family members, such as a:
- waiting area with shower,
- small kitchen, and
- laundry facilities.
Our goal is to give our patient's family more involvement in the caring process.
Neuro Critical Care Team
Our comprehensive Neuro Critical Care Team consists of the following specialists:
- Neurosurgeons, neurologists, neurointensivists, neuro critical care fellows, and nurse practitioners
- Registered nurses with focused training in the neurosciences
- Clinical social workers and case managers
- Physical, occupational, speech therapists
- Registered dietitians and nutritionists
- Registered and certified respiratory therapists
- Pharmacy services
- Radiology services