Old & Expired Medication Disposal Kiosks
Do you have old, expired, or unused prescription drugs?
Getting rid of your unused, expired medicines and controlled substances prevents other people from misusing and abusing prescription drugs. Check your medicine cabinet today and bring any unused, expired medications or controlled substances to our drop off bins to safely dispose of them.
University of Utah Health Pharmacies offers 12 safe and convenient locations where you can get rid of your prescriptions that you don't need anymore.
Drop-offs are perfect for the following:
- Expired prescriptions
- Unused medications
- Controlled substances
Things that cannot go in the drop-off bins:
- Illegal drugs (schedule I controlled substances)
- Liquid containers larger than 4 oz (120 mL)
- Sharps (needles, syringes) or sharps containers
- Aerosol spray cans (aerosol inhalers, aerosol sprays)
- Batteries or medical devices
- Hazardous chemicals (chemotherapy, household chemicals)
- Household waste