Following guidelines from the CDC and Utah Department of Health, University of Utah Health (U of U Health) is taking aggressive and proactive measures in our hospitals, clinics and community health centers to better protect patients, visitors, providers and staff from the potential spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 the following visitor policy will be in place until further notice at all U of U Health clinical facilities:
- Visitors who are sick are asked to NOT visit.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are asked to NOT visit.
- No visitors or companions will be allowed for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19.
- Patients are only allowed one (1) visitor or companion at a time.
- Note: This is at the discretion of clinical teams and visitors may be restricted completely depending on circumstances, or as circumstances change.
- Visitors or companions must wash their hands or use alcohol sanitizer before entering and after leaving any U of U Health facility, any patient room and any exam room.
*Exceptions to this updated policy include visitors of patients receiving special care (i.e. hospice, palliative or end-of-life care) or other special care circumstances.
- Before coming to the hospital or Urgent Care for possible COVID-19 symptoms, utilize U of U Health's Virtual Urgent Care service or contact the U of U Health Care Navigation team at 801-587-0712 or toll free at 844-745-9325.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your coughs and sneezes by using a tissue or sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay at home if you are sick
U of U Health will regularly review and update this visitor policy as needed, which may include the addition of more restrictive guidelines. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this unique event.