Huntsman Cancer Institute offers mobile cancer screening throughout the state of Utah. The Cancer Screening and Education Bus is a collaboration between Huntsman Cancer Institute and University of Utah Health (U of U Health).
This state-of-the-art clinic on wheels brings Huntsman Cancer Institute's expertise and the latest screening technology to all Utah residents—in distant and rural communities, as well as underserved urban areas. Employers, community organizations, and church groups can schedule visits.
Follow the Cancer Screening and Education Bus on Instagram to see which communities it is visiting next!
Services on the bus focus on screening and education about breast and skin cancers:
- Skin cancer screenings
- Information about how to prevent cancer and ways to reduce the risk of getting cancer
Learn more about cancer screening guidelines.
The 45-foot-long mobile clinic is loaded with the latest equipment:
- 3D mammography machine—exactly the same as in Huntsman Cancer Institute's hospital, Farmington, and South Jordan clinics
- Wheelchair lift for accessibility to all
- Exam room for skin cancer screening
- Private changing rooms
- Waiting and education area
Certified technicians perform mammograms. Board-certified radiologists review the results. Huntsman Cancer Institute and U of U Health dermatology providers do skin cancer screenings. Health educators give cancer prevention and risk information.
The mobile clinic refers patients who need follow-up care to Huntsman Cancer Institute and U of U Health facilities:
Schedule a Visit from the Screening Bus
What types of organizations can schedule a visit?
- Community-based organizations
- Community clinics and health care systems
- Nonprofit organizations
- Religious and civic groups
- Residential facilities such as assisted living and nursing homes
We can schedule visits for most groups that have at least 20 women aged 40-74 who need mammograms.
Any woman aged 40-74 with insurance that covers University of Utah facilities can have a mammogram on the screening bus.
Women who are uninsured or underinsured and meet certain guidelines may qualify for vouchers from the Utah Department of Health. Call 1-800-717-1811 for more information about vouchers.