Free Child Care During Your Appointment
Worrying about child care should never prevent you and your family from getting the health care you need. At the Farmington Health Center, we’ll take care of your kids during your appointment!
Our caregivers are trained in CPR, first-aid, and best practices for early childhood development. Our quality care includes activities, crafts, and other learning activities. Our goal is to help make your visit as easy as possible.
Note: For patients of Farmington Health Center only.
The care center operates from 7am to 7pm (last check-in at 6:30pm) on a first-come, first-serve basis, and it’s completely FREE. We will text you if you need to come back to the child care area before your appointment is finished.
Who Will Care for My Child During My Appointment?
We are partnering with University of Utah’s Center for Child Care and Family Resources. Trained caregivers from this center will care for your child during your appointment.
How Old Does My Child Have to Be?
Children ages 18 months to eight years old can use our service.
Hours & Location
We are open Monday–Friday 7am-7pm (our last intake is at 6:30pm)
For more information, talk with one of our guest relations specialists at the second-floor kiosk.
Where Are We Located Inside the Farmington Health Center?
The child care area is located on the east side of second floor near the check-in desk.
How does it work?
- The child's parent must stay on-site and be accessible at all times.
- Sign-in process takes about five minutes. Parents must have ID. Our last check-in is at 6:30pm.
- We can provide child care for four hours or less.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the child care area. Teachers also cannot give children food or drinks.
- Our staff are not allowed to change diapers. We will text you if your child needs to have their diaper changed.
The University of Utah is committed to protecting minors participating in University programs. If you, as a parent/guardian, have concerns about any misconduct in connection with the UKids program, please contact the University’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at 801-581-8365.