Helping Patients & Their Families Make Informed Health Decisions
By online chat: Ask a Health Question
Information Is Powerful Medicine
The mission of the Hope Fox Eccles Health Library is to ensure that all patients, their families, and the general community have access to the resources they need to make informed choices about their health care. Our staff can guide you to information tailored to your learning-style preferences and language needs.
We offer free access to hundreds of online medical resources that focus on prevention, wellness, coping, and support. We will introduce you to quality resources on our website that you can turn to when a health question arises in the future.
- MedlinePlus: This site offers authoritative, up-to-date health information, without advertisements, from the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus Español: MedlinePlus ofrece la información de salud más autorizado y reciente, sin publicidad comercial, desde los Institutos Nacionales de Salud y la Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina.
- Healthfinder: Health information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to help you live well.
- HealthFeed blog: Expert health news and information from University of Utah Health.
- The Scope, University of Utah Health Radio: Listen to expert health advice and the latest research and trends in medicine.
- Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library
Hope Fox Eccles Library Donor Recognition
- Remembering Cleone Peterson Eccles
- George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation
- Spencer F. and Cleone P. Eccles
- Nancy E. Hayward
- Hope F. Behle
Distinguished President's Club
- Nancy Eccles and Homer M. Hayward Family Foundation
- Spencer F. and Cleone P. Eccles Family Foundation
- Calvin A. Behle
- University of Utah Educational Resource Development Council
- Spencer P. and Kristine L. Eccles
- Loggins and Miriam Merrill
In honor of Connie Bell and in memory of her father, Keith Bell.
Remember or honor a loved one by donating to the health library to help patients, their families and the greater community learn more about their personal health. Donations will be used to purchase:
- electronic books,
- journals, or
- databases as well as
- library furnishings.
Funds may also support public lectures, workshops, exhibits or special events.