What Are Implantable Collamer Lenses?
Find a Vision Correction Surgeon
EVO ICL (IMPLANTABLE COLLAMER LENS)
The EVO ICL is made from soft plastic and collagen-based material that is well tolerated in the eye. It has been used safely and effectively to correct or reduce moderate to severe myopia between -3 diopters to -20 diopters. It can also correct astigmatism up to 4 diopters.
How the EVO ICL Procedure Works
Your doctor will administer topical numbing drops and dilating drops to the eye. The lens is folded and inserted through a small incision in the eye where it is then placed directly behind the iris (the colored part of the eye) and in front of the natural lens.
Reasons to Choose the EVO ICL
- Provides clear, sharp vision day and night
- 20- to 30-minute procedure
- Quick recovery time
- Removable by your doctor
- Offers UV protection
- Not visible
- Can treat nearsightedness with or without astigmatism
- For patients who may not be candidates for laser vision correction procedures due to thin corneas
- Does not cause dry eye syndrome