ABOUT EXPERIENCE SURVEYS
University of Utah Health is committed to providing an exceptional experience for our patients. To learn how to improve, we send surveys to patients after most appointments, procedures, and hospitalizations.
We send surveys via a third-party group through text, email and/or mail. Some of these surveys are required by the federal government. To learn more about required surveys, please visit the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ CAHPS program.
You can also find more information about how we communicate with you.
HOW WE USE YOUR FEEDBACK
Improvement: Survey responses and comments guide our efforts to improve processes, care, and communication.
Recognition: Your positive feedback is used to share appreciation with faculty and staff.
Online reviews: Your feedback helps other patients find a provider who fits their needs. Both positive and negative feedback is posted to providers’ web profiles. We are committed to posting all feedback with the following exceptions:
- Names and dates are edited to maintain patient privacy
- Comments that reveal a patient’s protected health information or risk exposing identity
- Offensive, slanderous, libelous, or profane language
- Comments about other providers, departments, or instances of care
- Comments that directly question the provider’s medical training or education
- Comments regarding a provider’s long-term availability to see patients
MANAGING SURVEY PREFERENCES AND OPTING OUT
Managing your survey preferences in MyChart
- Log in to your MyChart account
- Select Your Menu
- Scroll down to the Account Settings and select Communication Preferences
- Click on the down arrow next to Questionnaires
- Click on the down arrow next to Advanced Settings
- Under Patient Experience Survey, you select the toggle for your preferred method (email or text). If both are selected, we will default to an email survey invitation.
Opt out of patient experience surveys by email
- Open the email invitation
- Click the link at the bottom of the email to Unsubscribe from future surveys
- You are unsubscribed
Opt out of patient experience surveys by text
- Replying ‘STOP’ to the text invite will prevent future invitations for the same visit type (e.g. clinical visit, emergency visit, inpatient stay) referenced in the survey
- Replying ‘STOP ALL’ to the text invite will remove you from all future feedback requests over text
ABOUT ONLINE PROVIDER PROFILES
Not all provider profiles have patient feedback. An outpatient provider must receive a minimum of 30 patient surveys before we publish their comments and ratings.
Individual comments are removed from provider profiles after two years or when a provider receives more than 50 comments, whichever comes first.