Pick Up Your Prescriptions Anytime, Day or Night
What Is ScriptCenter?
We know how difficult it can be to the get to the pharmacy to pick up your prescriptions. We’re excited to introduce ScriptCenter at University of Utah Hospital. With 24/7 service, you can now pick up your medications when you need them—day or night.
ScriptCenter is a secure vending machine that safely stores your prescriptions.
Using ScriptCenter is private, secure, and free.
Who Can Use ScriptCenter?
ScriptCenter is available to University of Utah Hospital patients, employees, and their family members—even if they aren’t on a University of Utah health plan.
Can I Pick Up All My Prescriptions at ScriptCenter?
If you have special prescriptions or prescriptions that need to be refrigerated, you will need to pick those up from the pharmacy counter. ScriptCenter doesn't store prescriptions that need to be refrigerated.
Can I Pick Up Prescriptions For My Family?
Yes! You can add other people to your account after you log in or by talking with our pharmacy staff members. You can use a claim check for anyone in your family by calling us at 801-581-2276.
To add a child under 18, you’ll need their:
- prescription number and
- birth date.
To add anyone over 18, you’ll need their:
- ID and
Once you add family members, any prescriptions ordered for them will automatically be in your cart when you log in. If their prescriptions aren't ready, we'll send a message to your phone to let you know when they're ready.
How Do I Use ScriptCenter?
For Current Pharmacy Customers at University of Utah Hospital
If you've filled a prescription at University of Utah Hospital before, follow these steps to start using ScriptCenter:
- Call the pharmacy at University of Utah Hospital at 801-581-2276 and tell them you'd like to pick up your prescriptions at ScriptCenter.
- The pharmacy will give you a Claim Check number.
- If you don't want to use the claim check number, you can also go to the ScriptCenter vending machine inside the hospital and create a user ID and PIN. You'll need a current prescription number to do this.
- Order your prescription by calling 801-581-2276.
- Pay for and pick up your prescription at the ScriptCenter vending machine inside the hospital. You can use the claim check number that the pharmacy gave you, or you can login using your ID and PIN number.
For New Customers
If you've never filled a prescription at University of Utah Hospital before, follow these steps to start using ScriptCenter:
- Create your new user ID and PIN. To do this, you can go to the ScriptCenter vending machine inside the hospital. You can also do it online at https://scriptcenter.com/.
- Transfer your prescriptions from your current pharmacy to the University of Utah Hospital pharmacy by calling 801-581-2276.
- Use your pharmacy prescription number to finish enrolling in ScriptCenter. If you don’t have a current University of Utah Hospital pharmacy prescription number, you can add it later or the pharmacy will complete it for you as soon as they fill your next prescription.
Where Is the ScriptCenter Machine Located?
The ScriptCenter vending machine is located inside University of Utah Hospital on Level 1, just outside the Outpatient Pharmacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Is ScriptCenter Open?
ScriptCenter is available 24/7. It never closes.
Is There a Charge For Using ScriptCenter?
No. ScriptCenter is free.
Who Fills My Prescriptions & How Do They Get Into ScriptCenter?
University of Utah Hospital pharmacy fills prescriptions and then loads them into ScriptCenter. You can then pick up your prescriptions whenever it’s convenient for you.
How Do I Pay for My Prescriptions?
You can use a credit card or an FSA card at ScriptCenter when you pick up your prescriptions.
When Will My Prescriptions Be Ready?
Prescriptions requested before 3pm on Monday—Friday will be ready for pickup at ScriptCenter after 3pm the next business day. Be sure to sign up for ‘Notifications’ in ‘My Settings’ to get a text or email when your prescriptions are ready.
How Long Will My Prescriptions Stay in ScriptCenter?
Prescriptions not picked up within 7 days will be returned to the pharmacy.
Can I Speak to a Pharmacist If I Have Questions?
Yes. To speak with a pharmacist, just press the button that says "talk with a pharmacist" on the ScriptCenter machine.
You can also call University of Utah Hospital pharmacy at 801-581-2276 during business hours.
What If I Forget My Login ID or PIN?
You can recover your ID or PIN by pressing “Forgot ID” or “Forgot PIN.” If you need help, please call our pharmacy at 801-581-2276 during business hours.
Does ScriptCenter Follow Patient Privacy Rules?
Yes, ScriptCenter is fully compliant with all HIPAA and U of U Health patient privacy policies. Your personal and medical information is always safe and secure.
Can I Use My Fingerprint to Log In?
Yes. Using your fingerprint in place of your ID is optional. You will always be required to enter your PIN. Even if you've added your fingerprint, you can always use your ID and PIN as an alternative.