Telemedicine Services for ICU
Critical illness can happen anywhere. University of Utah Health's TeleICU puts critical care where you are. Our team will work with you to tailor critical care services to meet your unique needs.
How does TeleICU work?
TeleICU services offer virtual consultation for management of inpatients with single and multisystem organ failure including:
- Ventilator management
- Acute/chronic renal failure
- Cardiovascular instability
TeleICU also offers:
- Acute resuscitation/stabilization of patients in the ED, step down, or Intensive Care Unit
- Management of unstable patients waiting for transfer
Flexible, Around-the-Clock Access
TeleICU offers flexible, around-the-clock access to critical care specialists. We offer:
- Acute Consultations: Intensivists are available 24/7 to work with clinical providers to manage acute medical issues.
- Daily Rounding: Arrange for formal rounds with our intensivists to help guide your daily plans for ICU or step down patients.
- Management of acute patients overnight, or while local providers are in clinic, provides a practical solution to meet increased demands of providing care to acute patients.
- 24/7 access to ICU Nurse Call Line for additional nursing support
Education Opportunities For Your Entire Staff
Our unique educational offerings bring additional value to your business. University of Utah Health's TeleICU virtually presents weekly educational topics and/or case presentations in a round table discussion format.
Earn CME Credits
You can also join live or access from our secure site when it’s convenient for you and earn AMA Category 1 CME for physicians or 1 contact hour for nursing staff.
Onsite Clinical Training for Affiliate Staff
We also offer opportunities for staff to have a hands-on clinical experience in one of U of U Health’s five ICUs to develop and fine tune their skills.
Read more about our TeleICU program on the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center’s Blog.