Root Canals, Dental Implants, & More
We offer a full range of dental services for patients of all ages, including adults, children, teens, and the elderly. To better serve you and your whole family, we have multiple locations across the state of Utah.
If you don't have dental insurance or are paying out-of-pocket, you can get dental care at a discounted fee from our dental students and residents who are supervised by licensed dentists.
We also care for patients with special needs like autism and developmental disabilities.
Oral Health Services & Screenings
- Deep cleanings
- Fluoride treatments
- Oral health screenings
- Periodontal disease (gum swelling and redness & gum diseases)
- Teeth cleanings
- Bone grafting
- Dental implants
- Pral surgery
- Periodontal surgery (surgery that treats redness & swelling in your gums)
- Sedation services
- Tooth extraction
- Crowns & crown lengthening
- Dental appliances
- Emergency dentist/emergency dental services
- Fixed & removable appliances
- Gingival/tissue grafting
- Root canals
- Teeth whitening & cosmetic dentistry
- TMJ therapy
Serving Children, Adults, & the Elderly
We provide high-quality dental care for patients of all ages:
- pediatric dentistry (children)
- geriatric dentistry (elderly adults)
- dental care for special needs patients
Insurance, Pricing, & Lower Costs
We accept most insurance plans*:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Regence of Utah
- Delta Dental (we do not accept Deltacare or Delta Dental Medicare Advantage)
- Dentist Direct
- Metlife Dental
- Premier Access Dental
- Utah Medicaid
*Plans and benefits vary per insurance policy
If you don't have dental insurance or if you'd like to pay out-of-pocket, you can see a dental resident or dental student at a reduced price.
You'll pay less money for dental services depending on the type of provider you see:
- Faculty dentists—charge full market rate (regular prices) for all dental services
- Resident dentists—25—30 percent off most services if you don't have insurance and are paying out-of-pocket ("self-pay")
- Student dentists—30—50 percent off most services (compared to full market rates) if you're paying out-of-pocket
You may be able to qualify for financial assistance through our Oral Health Assistance Program.
- Oral Health Assistance Program Application Form
- Formulario de Program de Asistencia Financiera para la Salud Oral
I Don't Have Dental Insurance. How Can I Find Affordable Dental Care?
If you don't have dental insurance, seeing a dental resident or a dental student is an excellent option.
- Dental residents have completed dental school—just like any other dentist you'd see in a private practice. But unlike other dentists, dental residents receive extra training in specialized areas like root canals, orthodontics, and oral surgery. This means dental residents are better suited to care for patients who need specialized dental work.
- Dental students are supervised by licensed dentists and dental faculty. Dental students provide safe, high-quality dental care, and they offer many services including teeth cleanings, simple fillings, and teeth whitening.
You can learn more about dental residents and how to find affordable dental care.
We accept Medicaid at all of our locations. Please call us at 801-587-6453 for more information.
Who Will Provide My Dental Care?
We offer dental care from:
- dental faculty from University of Utah's School of Dentistry
- dental residents
- dental students
Some of our patients get care from our dental faculty at University of Utah Health's School of Dentistry. Our dental faculty have special expertise and training to care for more complicated mouth problems.
What Are the Differences Between Dental Faculty, Dental Residents, & Dental Students?
You can choose from a variety of dental providers at our different locations. All of our dental providers give excellent care.
Faculty dentists are experienced and licensed dentists who oversee and perform advanced dental procedures. Our faculty dentists supervise dental residents and students. They also care for patients directly in our faculty practice clinic.
Resident dentists are licensed dentists who have recently completed dental school and are getting additional training in a one-year post-graduate residency program. Residents work under the supervision of an attending dentist. Residents can also provide more advanced treatment than dental students can.
Student dentists are pre-doctoral students working towards completing their dental training to become licensed dentists. Student dentists work under the supervision of an attending dentist who is a licensed dentist within the community.
Student Dental Clinic
Our Student Dental Clinic is located in the Ray & Tye Noorda Oral Health Sciences Building. The clinic is managed and staffed by the University of Utah School of Dentistry. Our student dentists treat patients at several locations.
As a patient, you can get care from dental students at a greatly reduced price.
When you get care from a student dentist, you can be sure that you're getting safe, high-quality care. That's because all of our student dentists are supervised by faculty who are licensed dentists in Utah.
Find a Dentist Near You
Dental Care For Special Needs Patients
If your child or loved one has special needs, it can be difficult to find a dentist who's qualified to care for them. Many special needs patients can't get the quality dental care they need in local dentist offices.
Our dental students, residents, and faculty provide dental care for patients with special needs, including the following:
- physical & developmental disabilities
- Down syndrome
- genetic disorders
If you or your loved one have special needs, please call us at 801-587-6453 or 801-58-SMILE.