Board CertificationAmerican Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Hematology)American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Medical Oncology)
Patient Rating4.9 /5( out of 82 reviews )
The patient rating score is an average of all responses on our patient experience survey. The rating averages scores for all questions about care from our providers.
The scale on which responses are measured is 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
Patient comments are gathered from our patient experience survey and displayed in their entirety.
Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy.September 24, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
She is very thrill about every single procedure and shares that with me either in my visits or via My Chart. Trustworthy, friendly and uplifting when I need it.September 18, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
Doctor Patel is an excellent doctor.September 17, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
good doctor and service.September 09, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
She has been wonderful since first first admission to the hospitalJuly 25, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
Dr. Patel was familiar with my case and listened to my concerns. She was interested in exploring some other ideas and messaged my with additional information concerning lab results. I found her to be caring, knowledgeable, and concerned about my health. Wonderful provider!June 19, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
Dr. Patel is a very gifted, caring, patient doctor.June 04, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
She hears me, answers all of my questions, explains so I understand. I have all confidence in her and she puts me at ease. I trust her.May 31, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
Very detail oriented, caring, friendly and well prepare for every single visitMay 07, 2023HUNTSMAN CANCER CENTER
She was very kind, explained things clearly,
Board Certification and Academic Information
Academic Departments Internal Medicine -Primary Board CertificationAmerican Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Hematology)American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Medical Oncology)
Fellowship Hematology/Oncology Research - University of Utah Advanced Fellow Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program - University of Utah School of Medicine Chief Fellow Fellowship Hematology/Oncology - University of Utah School of Medicine Fellow Internal Medicine - McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Resident Internship Internal Medicine - McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Intern Medicine - Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine M.D. Undergraduate Biology - Northwestern University B.S.
- Patel AB, Deininger MW (2020). Genetic complexity of chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma, 62(5), 1031-1045.
- Yan D, Franzini A, Pomicter AD, Halverson BJ, Antelope O, Mason CC, Ahmann JM, Senina AV, Vellore NA, Jones CL, Zabriskie MS, Than H, Xiao MJ, van Scoyk A, Patel AB, Clair PM, Heaton WL, Owen SC, Andersen JL, Egbert CM, Reisz JA, DAlessandro A, Cox JE, Gantz KC, Redwine HM, Iyer SM, Khorashad JS, Rajabi N, Olsen CA, OHare T, Deininger MW (2019). SIRT5 IS A DRUGGABLE METABOLIC VULNERABILITY IN ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA. Blood Cancer Discov, 2(3), 266-287.
- Patel AB, Pomicter AD, Yan D, Eiring AM, Antelope O, Schumacher JA, Kelley TW, Tantravahi SK, Kovacsovics TJ, Shami PJ, OHare T, Deininger MW (2020). Dasatinib overcomes stroma-based resistance to the FLT3 inhibitor quizartinib using multiple mechanisms. Leukemia, 34(11), 2981-2991.
- Patel AB, Franzini A, Leroy E, Kim SJ, Pomicter AD, Genet L, Xiao M, Yan D, Ahmann JM, Agarwal AM, Clair P, Addada J, Lambert J, Salmon M, Gleich GJ, Cross NCP, Constantinescu SN, OHare T, Prchal JT, Deininger MW (2019). JAK2 ex13InDel drives oncogenic transformation and is associated with chronic eosinophilic leukemia and polycythemia vera. Blood, 134(26), 2388-2398.
- Antelope O, Vellore NA, Pomicter AD, Patel AB, Van Scoyk A, Clair PM, Deininger MW, OHare T (2019). BCR-ABL1 tyrosine kinase inhibitor K0706 exhibits preclinical activity in Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemia. Exp Hematol, 77, 36-40.e2.
- Patel AB, Miles RR, Deininger MW (2019). Lysozyme nephropathy in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Clin Case Rep, 7(6), 1263-1264.
- Patel AB, Pettijohn EM, Abedin SM, Raps E, Deininger MW (2019). Leukemoid reaction in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia patients undergoing surgery: perioperative management recommendations. Blood Adv, 3(7), 952-955.
- Patel AB, Chen YH, Zhang Y, Frankfurt O, Winter JN (2014). Achievement of morphologic and cytogenetic remission with single-agent hydroxyurea in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia with inv(16). Leuk Lymphoma, 56(3), 817-9.