What Is MyChart Proxy Access?
MyChart makes it easy to review details about your medical visits. University of Utah Health patients age 18 and older can use MyChart proxy access to share important information about their health with people they trust most.
Your MyChart proxy will be able to:
- view your diagnoses, medicines, vaccines, visit notes, and test results.
- request appointments and prescription refills for you.
- help you communicate with your health care team.
- share portions of your chart with other doctors and hospitals.
MyChart follows state and federal laws to keep your health information private and secure.
Who Can Be a MyChart Proxy?
If you are 18 or older, you can appoint any adult as your MyChart proxy, such as a close friend, a family member, or someone who lives nearby. You can also appoint more than one person to be your MyChart proxy — a convenient option for patients who have people that help manage their health care from far away.
Contact your pediatrician’s office to learn more about MyChart proxy access for patients under the age of 18.
How to Set Up Your MyChart Proxy
You can set up your MyChart proxy online, by phone, or in person.
Set Up Online
To grant permission for another adult to access your MyChart as a proxy, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your MyChart account. (If you don't have MyChart, create your account via MyChart Self SignUp.)
- Click the following buttons:
- Share My Record,
- Friends and family access, then
- Invite someone.
- Complete the information requested to invite someone to be your MyChart proxy. Once you've finished, that person will receive a MyChart proxy notification email.
If your MyChart proxy is not an existing patient at U of U Health, they can use MyChart Self SignUp to activate their own MyChart account and accept your proxy invitation.
If you don't want your own MyChart account but want to give someone proxy access, contact your provider's office or call our MyChart Support team for assistance at 801-213-5555.
Set Up via Phone
Call your provider's office or the U of U Health MyChart Support team at 801-213-5555 to tell them you want to set up a MyChart proxy.
Set Up In Person
Talk to your provider about MyChart and MyChart proxy access at your next clinical visit.
Proxy Access for Adults with Diminished Capacity
Authorized agents may request more information about MyChart proxy for adults with diminished capacity at a U of U Health clinic location. Access cannot be requested online.