Interviewer: Four ways to naturally boost testosterone. Dr. Jim Hotaling is a urologist and a men's health expert. What can I do?
Dr. Hotaling: Simple things you can do are work on losing weight. Even a 10- to 15-pound weight loss can make a big difference. Also, exercise, particularly anaerobic exercise, such as lifting weights. Eating a balanced diet, trying to avoid processed foods, particularly sugar. That can result in changing energy levels and also mess with the natural circadian rhythms that reflect your testosterone production. And the other big thing is sleep. A lot of men have sleep apnea and that can make a big difference in their natural testosterone production. Testosterone levels are a reflection of your overall health. And if you work on making these changes, you should notice a significant difference in two to three months.
updated: April 23, 2021
originally published: May 30, 2019
- 127: Men's Health Essentials — Getting Your Colonoscopy
- Can Men Get Postpartum Depression?
- 118: It's Complicated — Mitch and Scot's Tales of Testosterone
- 112: Just How Painful is a Kidney Stone?
- What Vitamins and Supplements for Men Actually Work?
- Sideshow: The Fat and Father-to-Be Follow-up
- 109: Tips for Expecting Dads
- 102: Men's Health Essentials — Testosterone
- Three Common Causes for Infertility in Men
- 99: Men's Health Essentials — Do You Have a Weak Stream?