Customer Services: Need Help? Stop by the Information Desk
If you're visiting University of Utah Hospital and need assistance, please stop by our Information Desk. Our Information Desk is located in the lobby near the main entrance and the escalator. Our Information Desk staff can help you find your way around the hospital.
We can also help family and visitors find patients and assist you with any of the following:
- Hotel accommodation list with discount rates for patient, family, and friends
- Cell phone charging station located at the information desk
- Shower facilities
- Directions and locations for shopping, restaurants, and laundromats
- Schedule information for bus, light rail (Trax), and other transportation options
- Housekeeping requests
- Room maintenance requests (temperature, lighting, beds, etc.)
- Courtesy phone—local and long distance located at the information desk
To contact an information desk staff member, please call 801-587-8230.
We offer business services to our patients and their family members. Please visit our information desk on the first floor by the main entrance for assistance with:
- Advance directives
- Notary services
For your comfort, we can deliver any of these items to your room upon request:
- Reading glasses
- Books, magazines, weekday newspapers, playing cards, adult and children's coloring, and word puzzles
- Ear plugs and sleep masks
Email a Patient
Our information desk staff will hand deliver email messages directly to your patient room. Find out how to email a patient.
University of Utah Hospital promotes a family-friendly environment. We understand that visitors are important to the healing process and we encourage family and friends to visit. For the comfort and well being of all our patients, we ask that visitors follow the guidelines listed below.
How to Contact a Patient at University of Utah Hospital
To contact a patient at University of Utah Hospital, please call patient information.
Patient Information: 801-587-8230
(Updated June 2023)
- Please keep noise to a minimum by limiting the number of visitors.
- Be respectful of others in waiting rooms; they are for multiple families.
- Do not visit if you have an infectious disease, such as a cold or flu. We encourage you to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands often to keep family safe.
- Children must be in good health and supervised by an adult at all times.
- You can bring pets as long as you get permission the patient's physician or nurse. Certified pet therapy animals visit through our volunteer services department.
- Flowers and Mylar balloons are welcome except in the intensive care units. Latex balloons pose a danger to people with latex allergies and are not allowed.
- Cell phones aren't allowed in some areas. Ask your nurse if you have questions about using your cell phone.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Hours: Monday—Friday, 6:30am—10pm
Saturday—Sunday, and Holidays, 8am—8pm
Location: Level A, by the escalators
Hours: 24 hours/7 days a week
Location: first floor, hospital lobby
Huntsman Cancer Institute Dining Services
Our Customer Service Office is available to answer any questions or help with any issues about care, treatment, services, or patient safety that might arise during your stay.
Call or visit us on the first floor (Level 1) of the hospital.