Craig H. Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital Is Now Open
- Rehabilitation Specialty Programs & Services
- What to Expect during Your Hospital Stay
- Patient Outcomes
- Lodging Resources for Family & Caregivers
- U of U Health Visitor Policy
Our Rehabilitation Services at University of Utah Health preserve, enhance, and restore the quality of life for people with disabling conditions. We provide individualized care for a variety of conditions helping you to regain independence and confidence in yourself.
Our dedicated teams are composed of regionally and nationally respected specialists dedicated to supporting patients and families from acute rehabilitation through wellness and independence. Even after a patient leaves our inpatient center, we continue to provide specialized rehabilitation care through outpatient physician services in our outpatient therapy services, wellness programs, ongoing patient education, and access to support groups. We are also the only CARF accredited inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation program in Utah.
Our rehabilitation services are located in a brand new facility—Craig H. Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital. This new building features the latest advances in rehabilitation technology to help you recover quicker from serious life-changing injuries and conditions. Think of it as a major stride in the high-quality care and treatment that we provide.
To contact our outpatient clinic, please call: 801-581-2267
- Amputee Program
- Assistive Technology Program
- Brain Injury Program
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Psychology Program
- Spasticity Management
- Spinal Cord Injury Program
- Sport Concussion Clinic
- Stroke Program
- Sugar House Therapy Services (Amputee, Stroke, TBI, & Spinal Cord Injuries)
- TelePhysical Medicine & Rehab
- Wheelchair Seating and Mobility Clinic
- Wound Care Clinic
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services
Our pediatric rehabilitation providers offer children (up to age 18) the most in-depth, advanced care possible at Primary Children’s Hospital. We help children and their families adapt to physical or mental challenges they may face after an injury or illness or due to a birth (congenital) condition.
We use a compassionate, family-centered approach to create comprehensive treatment plans for children during inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation. To schedule a pediatric rehab appointment for your child, please call 801-662-5888.
The Hospital of Their Dreams
At the heart of the Craig H. Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital is a dedication to helping patients discover their resilience after traumatic injuries.
Why Choose Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital?
Choosing a rehabilitation hospital can be a difficult decision. At Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital, we connect patients to our top-rated health care system, world-class doctors, and an extensive network of experts and resources. Our rehabilitation hospital cultivates a healing environment with a warm, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable care team. Together, we are committed to helping patients reach their goal of returning home and getting back to a rewarding life.
What Sets Our Hospital Apart
- A specialized team approach throughout your stay
- Experienced, diagnosis-focused staff with expertise in complex and neuro-rehabilitation
- Specialized training for staff in neuro-rehabilitation
- Researchers and innovators working side-by-side with our clinical care teams
- Integration and access to our top-rated health care system
- Access to more than 1,200 board-certified physicians trained in over 200 medical specialties
- Beautiful, patient and family-centered facility with an adaptive outdoor therapy terrace and futuristic technology deployed real-time for our patients
Awards & Recognition
Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital has been named a Center of Excellence in Rehabilitation Services by the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ). The Center of Excellence (COE) designation means that the Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital meets stringent evidence-based standards and performance outcomes that reflect high quality and safe patient care.
The COE achievement validates a commitment to driving rehabilitation technology innovation, achieving outstanding outcomes, and delivering exceptional patient experience beyond what other programs can provide.
Take a Virtual Tour
The Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital is the preeminent destination in the Mountain West for patients recovering from and adjusting to life-altering injuries and conditions. With 172,000 square feet, this advanced facility includes a restorative and healing environment designed to speed up recovery and improve quality of life for patients after they return home.
Our building provides state-of-the-art rehabilitation services, including:
- access to renowned physicians,
- an outdoor therapy terrace,
- a large therapy gym, and
- inpatient beds with sweeping views of the Salt Lake Valle
Our rehabilitation team is committed to providing the best care and support for patients who want to reach their functional goals. We track the progress of our patients through the Functional Independence Measure (FIM) tool.
We look at the following patient factors:
- level of satisfaction,
- level of independence,
- discharge to a homelike setting, and
- quality of life.
These results fuel our drive and provide standards for our patients and staff. By looking at our program results, we are able to continue raising the bar and setting the standard for high-quality rehabilitation.