Patient Appointments & Covid-19 Safety
We are currently offering virtual care, urgent care, and in-person visits. To protect you and keep everyone safe, face masks are required at all times while inside U of U Health facilities. Find out more about what to expect at your visit.
Intensive Lifestyle Program
The Intensive Lifestyle Program looks at the components of a healthy lifestyle to get you started on your way to feeling great. Most chronic diseases can be prevented or improved by lifestyle, but a healthy lifestyle also helps immediately by improving sleep, energy, mood, and focus. The program consists of 12 weekly 90 min sessions and access to our gym for the duration of the program.
Features of the Program
- Weekly group sessions lead by a health coach
- Personalized exercise prescription
- Supervised exercise: for those that need assistance starting or continuing with an exercise program
- Focus on eating for pleasure and health at the same time
- Discussions on sleep
- Using mindfulness to improve resilience
- Coaching to help make these changes doable and fun
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in making changes in their lifestyle (nutrition, physical activity, sleep, or stress management) should consider this program. We screen for symptoms of active heart disease and may require clearance from your physician.
Supervised Wellness Gym Membership
The Supervised Wellness Gym Membership promotes a physically active lifestyle in a supportive group atmosphere. Most participants will be referred by their physicians.
To join the gym, please contact us at 801-213-8720 or email us at email@example.com
Who should attend?*
Individuals with any of the following should consider attending:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stroke survivors
- Parkinson's Disease
- Overweight or Obese
- Bariatric patients
- Others requiring supervised exercise
- *Other eligibility requirements may apply
Why should you attend?
- Baseline exercise fitness test and mobility assessment by an exercise specialist
- Aides will monitor vitals and give one on one assistance with exercise protocols
- Supervised group-based exercise classes (boxing, dance, tai chi, yoga, etc.)
- Regular evaluation of exercise tolerance and progress
- Group classes on health topics: nutrition, stress management, sleep hygiene
- A safe, supportive environment for everyone to be active
- Membership is month-to-month and does not require a long-term commitment.
- Monthly dues are $65. *Some individuals may qualify for discounted dues. Please call for more information.
Wellness & Integrative Health Services
At University of Utah Health we focus on providing a customized and integrated approach to empower patients, employees, trainees, and health care professionals to live a healthy life. We are an integral part of the health care solution that maximizes preventive care—the health in health care.