Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Primary Children’s Hospital Attending Physician (24/7)
Having a baby in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is an emotional rollercoaster for any parent. But having a team of pediatric neonatology specialists who provide cutting-edge technology with sensitive, healing hands can help a parent get through this chapter with a little more ease.
Find a Specialist
Services & Treatments
Babies born within the Mountain West's five-state region with severe, life-threatening conditions are treated by our team of pediatric neonatology specialists. Babies we treat receive:
- medical and surgical interventions for serious congenital birth defects, such as defects of the heart, brain, and internal organs, and
- infant treatment for sepsis, pulmonary hypertension, and prematurity with additional complications.
We support infants through their life-threatening conditions and provide:
- high frequency jet ventilation, nitric oxide, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (a device which circulates and oxygenates blood to allow the infant's heart or lungs to heal),
- cerebral/regional oximetry to monitor perfusion of specific organs, and
- total body cooling for brain injury.