Guiding You Through Your Weight Loss Journey
If you've tried to lose weight for a while, you may have some anxiety about what to expect. It's normal to be nervous before your first appointment.
At your first appointment, your doctor will talk with you about:
- your weight loss goals,
- what your day-to-day routine looks like (diet and exercise),
- how long you've tried to lose weight, and
- your medical history.
Your doctor's goal is to help you find the best treatment so you can lose weight and keep it off in the long-term.
Your doctor will talk with you to determine whether you'd benefit from treatments like:
- simple diet and exercise,
- stress management,
- behavioral or mental health therapy,
- weight loss medications, or
- more permanent treatments like bariatric or weight-loss surgery.
Your first appointment will last for about 60 minutes.
Follow-up appointments will last for about 30 minutes.
What Will Happen At the End of My Appointment?
When you leave your appointment, you will have:
- any prescriptions your doctor gave you,
- orders for any lab tests (if needed), and
- a plan for next steps to improve your health.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please call 801-447-1195.